The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > The Underground Church

Old 10-06-2016, 07:05 AM

Default I have the BEST pastor...

I have the best Pastor. The word Pastor means Shepherd. In relationship to my Pastor I'm very much like a sheep. I need help from one much more clever than I...one who is wiser than I. And in that regard I'm not that different then...well everybody.

We all...everyone of us... are in need of some help when it comes to spiritual things because those things are not seen. We need someone to help and lead us who can see the unseen. And in God's great plan He ordained someone to be our Pastor/Shepherd.

We surely don't want anyone to be our Pastor that isn't capable to bring us along. There may be people who will cross our path who claim to be our pastor...but they might just be another sheep. Sure... they might be wiser and have great insights into the things of God, but they are just sheep like us. They truly can be helpful and I will listen and pay attention to the older wiser sheep who have walked closely with the best Pastor that God has ordained.

That best Pastor is my Pastor. And he is your Pastor also. I call him Jesus.

Pastor Jesus has a great church. It is located...well...it's located all over the world. And he is the head of it. His church is sort of like a body. All the members of this church are like arms and legs connected to him as the head. Pastor Jesus describes himself like a vine and all his members are like the branches. We are all pretty close even if we don't recognize it. In Pastor Jesus' church all the members are brothers and sisters. And Pastor Jesus gives each brother and sister a place in the church and things to do. Some are to help teach (like teaching assistants to him). Some are to do pastoral care and encourage and exhort (like assistant pastors)....but there is only one Pastor/Shepherd and one Teacher and one Lord.

Pastor Jesus connects with us regularly. When 2 or 3 gather in his name...he is there. And has told us
to always pray to God our Father and ask for things in line with his teaching using his name with God. He has clout. He sits at the right hand of God the Father.

I love my Pastor Jesus. He is my Lord.

The Lord is my Shepherd.

http://clarke2earth.blogspot.com/201...st-pastor.html

Last edited by Quietwitness; 10-06-2016 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:04 PM

Big amen to this. Jesus will never fail us and his love for us is perfect. He is the Good Shepherd.
Mark 8:36
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?