The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Prophecy, Dreams and Visions

Old 03-05-2010, 08:13 PM

Default ChatTalk, "Heal Me, O Lord" has a great encouragement:

ChatTalk,

I just read someone's post including a video with encouragement from the Lord in a dream, about facing persecution and martyrdom. It's powerful. A real blessing.

The video is beautiful and I'm sorry not to know how to embed it. Here's the link to the section it's in though: http://www.watchmanscry.com/forum/sh...4730#post84730

It's in the thread:

"Prayer Requests and Encouraging Words"

Titled: "FEAR NOT- Encouraging!!"

By: 'Hear Me, O Lord' - David

Under Fellowship Hall, Prophecies, Dreams, and Visions

I'll PM you the info also. : )
Old 04-11-2010, 03:37 PM

Default Judgement has begun

One of the things that the Lord has emphasized to me maybe more than most anything is to "get my house in order". This starts with me personally, of course. My finances, my physical household, how I run my household, and of course most importantly, my spiritual life.

I have felt for years now that God is expecting His Bride to grow up--a lot. It is time, and no longer can we be in the mind-set that God runs the universe according to American Christian thought patterns. Many of us have taken losses, and many more will, but God will meet all of our needs according to His riches in glory. That's His promise. I've taken some losses as well. We have a beautiful 3200' Chalet up in the Blue Mountains of Oregon sitting on 46+ acres, and could not sell it-even for well over $100,000 below market value. We now have some Christian friends living in the place and are leasing it to them after subsidizing the rent for about a year. I see no possiblility of selling it now. This means that my wife and I will rent somewhere else, but in the long run it doesn't matter. I've believed that the place will be used as a refuge in the days ahead, and I still believe that. It's right at the edge of civilization with nothing but large ranches behind it for 50 miles. Bottom line; if God decides to require that investment for His purposes, I need to see it as a privilege to make it available. That's always easy to say until you get into that kind of a position. It was what was left of our retirement, but in all reality, our retirement is in a much better place. What God has provided is way beyond our imagination.

What we need to be centered on these days is seeing the intersections with other people that God sends across our paths. We will have an abundance of opportunities to help people find the truth of God in the days ahead. Many people will come running to Christian people for answers and prayer when things begin to blow apart. Are we really prepared to give the answeres that they need? Can we see past our own needs enough to help them? Do we trust our God enough to walk us through the mess ahead? He promised He would!

The Bible promises that if we seek God and His Kingdom first, all other things will be added to us. That means He really will take care of us. Taking a few practical steps to carry us through some time of infrastructure break-downs and the such is wise, but in the long run, it is God's miraculous intervention through the power of prayer that will do the heavy lifting. We need to learn to use our faith with the little needs we have now so that we are in spiritual shape to believe Him for the big things needed later. That only makes sense.

God will walk with us hand in hand--if we really put Him first...in everything. Giving to true, good ministries is very important now. Cutting back on our giving is the wrong response to shortened finances. We need to get God involved in multiplying the balance of our money AFTER we have been faithful as He prescribes.

God will bless us all as we grow in Him during these winds of warning...
Old 04-11-2010, 06:12 PM

Default That was convicting

I have also been hearing "get your house in order" since last August. I felt that it was a spiritual "get your house in order", but now it is both spiritual and physical.

It was convicting to hear it here because I have not been completely obedient in the instruction that God has given me.

Thank you

Alexa
Old 04-11-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalexa View Post
I have also been hearing "get your house in order" since last August. I felt that it was a spiritual "get your house in order", but now it is both spiritual and physical.

It was convicting to hear it here because I have not been completely obedient in the instruction that God has given me.

Thank you

Alexa
been hearing something similar.....
been getting ready for a quick move .......
getting rid of a lot of belongings...... books and stuff
Old 04-12-2010, 02:27 AM

I have been physically preparing since the fall of 2008.

Late last year, I woke up and hear in my spirit the words "PREPARE!".

I didn't think it was the Lord, because I HAD been preparing...

At that point, I realized it was a spiritual preparation that was necessary. More recently, I have felt an increased urgency. However - I don't feel its necessary to panic. Each time I do start to panic, I focus back on God as my Father , and its very settling. So that teaches me to stay focused on HIM!

The Lord is so kind so let us know that we need to be ready.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:30 AM

I too have been insructed to get rid of everything I do not need. 2 weeks ago I had many belongings as well as a room at my son's home. I now have 2 bags of needed items and a backpack,tent and sleeping bag. (Thanks to sister Julie!) I have been walking side by side with Jesus for 26 years and now we are no longer walking but running. I do not know what lies ahead but I do know this, I will not stop running until the Lord tells me to stop. 26 years of walking and the pace has stepped up and will continue until I reach the end of this race. The time has come brethern to hold His hand and not let go!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:28 AM

Default Preparing...

It's amazing how God's kids hear the same things all over the world. In my own case, I've gone through several stages of this "getting my house in order". Now, I'm down to about three boxes of books, and I used to have a whole library full. I've decided that this move I'm making in a couple months will be lighter than any I've ever made. My biggest challenge is a grand piano that I've had for years and have had to move several times. It was a "grand" gift from my Heavenly Father and so will not sell it.

Staying in a place of peace with God is so very important. If we panic, faith can't do its work. It also shows that we really don't trust our LORD. He is more than able to take us through anything and everything. I've had the privelege to walk with him for 55 years, having become a Christian quite young. I can look back and see that He has never failed me. I've always been the one to fail! But, He still never left me--even when I was on a detour of my own making. God is good--All the time!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:02 AM

I don't think God is requiring that of us. Some people are being asked to trim down to the bare necessities, but other's are not. Each and every one of us needs to follow how God's Spirit is leading.

As grandparents ourselves, and having a lot of family, we cannot thin down to the bare bones either. My wife also works out of our home office and has about 100 medical transcriptionists working for her, and that is our main source of income at this time. So, our computer equipment and everything involved for her line of work has to go with us as well.

If the worst were to happen, then we would do whatever it takes. Until then, we can all only do what we are able to.

One thing that I am finding quite a few people doing, is practically shutting down completely. I don't think God is asking this of us. We are to go on living. Our lives are meant to touch others--even those that are the most stubborn. God makes the most of everything. Our faith is not in the fact that the world is going to hell in a handbasket. It is in the fact that we are living in a sick world that God will judge, for sure, but yet has paid the ultimate price to save as many as possible. That's where we come in. We are the ones that have the privelege to fulfill the Great Commission, in whatever capacity it has been given us to do.

We keep our eyes on our coming KING, and His instructions to each of us personally, and everything else will take care of itself.

Be encouraged! God is good, and He doesn't miss a thing!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:41 AM

Wow! I guess I had been following your messages for sometime but did not put 2 and 2 together to realize you were the same person. I posted this very message from you given in your Youtube video to my blog about a year ago. It is such a timely message and I pray that people wake-up. Things seem so obvious, but oftentimes it is like dealing with a person in a coma to try and discuss with others about the approaching judgment of God.

May God grant mercy and the words and power needed to reveal to people the truth about this present hour.

"...and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14b
Old 04-15-2010, 04:56 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Oxgoad View Post
I

One thing that I am finding quite a few people doing, is practically shutting down completely. ....................

I've been guilty of that.........

finding it overwhelming at times.......

where to start.........
thanks for the good words..